Odds and Ends: June 10th
Posted by Mike Marshall on June 10, 2009
You know what really eats into your free time? A 17-month old baby girl. You know what eats into your free time more than a 17-month old baby girl? A 17-month old baby girl and a wife who’s eight months pregnant. I’m exhausted.
But on the Revs front…
- The last two games? Better. But then again, it was tough to get much worse. As expected, Taylor Twellman makes a difference. Always thought he would. He’s only the greatest goal-scorer in the history of the league. I still don’t get the sense that the Revs are a serious title contender, but Twellman certainly makes them a playoff team.
- Who are you, and what have you done with Kenny Mansally? After a year and a half of pretty pedestrian play at forward, the kid’s been sensational the last couple of weeks on the left side of midfield. Please, Stevie – keep him there. Superglue Mauricio Castro’s ass to the bench, if you have to.
- Speaking of Castro, does anyone see the need for either he or Gabriel Badilla any more? Couldn’t the Revs find more useful players with the kind of cash they’re making
- Idle speculation: I wouldn’t be surprised to see the return of Khano Smith in the next couple of weeks.
- I think the Revs have something in Emmanuel Osei.
- You know what’s ironic? DC United fans think Taylor Twellman is a diver. Of course, this opinion has only a fleeting touch with reality. Then again, after watching the likes of Marco Etcheverry, Jaime Moreno, and Christian Gomez, the Whining Eagles could probably be considered experts in the art of simulation.