Revs Notes: December 14th
Posted by Mike Marshall on December 14, 2009
A couple of odds and ends from the past couple of days:
- Former Revolution U-17 Team Captain Scott Caldwell buried both his penalty kicks this weekend as Akron first defeated North Carolina in penalties on Friday Night before falling to Virginia in the Finals of the NCAA College Cup on Sunday.
- A friend of Jeff Larentowicz tells me that there’s “less than a 10% chance” he’ll be playing for the Revolution next year.
- Former Revs assistant Paul Mariner got off to a tough start in his first game in charge of Plymouth Argyle, dropping a 2-0 on the road at Preston North End.
- For what it’s worth, one rumor making the rounds is that after taking the reigns at Plymouth, Mariner’s first call was to Foxboro to find out if Steve Nicol would be interested in being his assistant. Nicol politely declined the offer.
- …and speaking of Revolution assistants, I’m hearing the Revs are not close to naming a replacement for Mariner.